[Tig] Telecine Engineers based in UK

Peter White (EAFA) Peter.White at uea.ac.uk
Thu May 2 13:34:34 BST 2013

Dear all,

I'm looking for engineers in the UK that have experience maintaining and repairing Marconi Telecine machines.  I worry that we only have one person capable of maintaining our Telecine machines and we all need a 'plan B'.  We inventorise, digitise and catalogue film and make it available to the public for free at www.eafa.org.uk<http://www.eafa.org.uk> and we have a large digitisation infrastructure to support this.

We have 4x Marconi Telecine machines, each with individual modifications designed by the excellent Telecine engineer, Peter Smolka.  He is quite frankly, a genius.  We're also running 2x Bosch FDL-60's.  We have the full range of manuals and service books, test gear, a small workshop space and extender boards.

We are based in Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom.  It's 2 hours via train to London Liverpool Street Station.

Kind regards,

Peter White
East Anglian Film Archive
Norwich