[Tig] a translation: Resolve to Photoshop

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri May 10 22:14:14 BST 2013

I have a situation thus:

Application = Photoshop CS5 on Mac OSx Mountain Lion.

"Still photo."  Have two versions of still photo: one with optimal exposure, one area has blown out whites, the other has exposure that blown out whites are no longer blown out.

So I have 2 versions, as 2 different layers.  #2 preserves detail in the blown-out area.

I would like to isolate the "blown out area", lowering its exposure, such that I can combine the two layers with a varying (to taste) matte: #1 for the main photo; #2 for the blown-out clouds of the sky.

This is seemingly and elementary Pshop question, that can apply to moving images as well.

I appreciate any and all replies.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org

--