[Tig] a translation: Resolve to Photoshop

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat May 11 03:19:54 BST 2013

Thanks Ken, thanks Ted.

I know of these various methods, but what I need to understand better is how to use a matte to combine the lower exposure with the higher exposure.  The HDR options work well to a certain extent; but if the detail's not there from the camera, you need to bracket, and how to combine the brackets in a _variable_ soft matte is what I'm looking for, such that the 2 layers are independently gradable, but combined via a variable soft matte.  The "Selection -> Modify -> Feather" works "in the blind" and only has a maximum of 250 pixels.  A matte is the way to go, where the softness can be controlled, yet it's not apparent to me where one can derive the matte between two layers of the same (registered) shot at different exposures.

thanks again.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org