[Tig] How much time film really has?

Anders Uhl anders at thedopshop.com
Fri May 17 22:28:18 BST 2013

I fully agree with Rob and have to add that as much as the mainstream is, has been and will continue for some time to be dominated by corporatism, there is also the "maker revolution" factor.  I have pretty immediate access to laser cutters, 3D scanners and printers, a 5 axis water jet, CNC mills and lathes, etc.  This is becoming more and more common and will continue to - so if there were a film apocalypse, I'm pretty sure there would be some form of resurrection at some level.  I'm not suggesting that it's simple, just that it's highly possible and can be driven by passion rather than market economics.  And while on the topic of markets, due to mass communication (internet), micro markets have become vastly larger - I can target a specific group of consumers on a global scale that would have been limited to word of mouth and a few odd ball magazine subscribers not too many years ago.

Best Regards,

Anders Uhl
Director/Cameraman