[Tig] Thursday super stupid question

Adrian Paul adrian at flyingbark.com.au
Thu May 23 15:07:53 BST 2013

If you're happy to extend the duration of your footage (ie. slow it down by
4%) to go from 25 to 24fps then your "recounting" method will work.

Perhaps your (DCP?) software is reading some embedded (25fps) frame rate
and timecode metadata in the headers of your DPX files?

IF this is the case then GraphicsMagick could help you update the metadata
on a Mac, I've not done it myself using these tools (we ended up writing
some Python code to do it) but maybe Bob Friesenhahn could assist:
http://www.graphicsmagick.org/motion-picture.html#dpx-attributes

GlueTools might be another option on Mac but it's not free:
http://www.gluetools.com/products_dpx.html

HTH,
adrian.

On 23 May 2013 23:34, Ken Robinson <flight4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Support from MediaCloud www.MediaCloud.cc
> =====
>

> Maybe I am being unbelievably thick, but why cant a system simply count to
> 24 and change the second, instead of waiting till the 25th frame?
>
> I am not worried about sound... That's easy to deal with..... Does Mr.
> Panteris' workflow actually work?
>
> Due to HEAVY budget restrictions we are trying to figure this out to be
> done on a Mac.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken
>

> On 23 May 2013 10:28, Nikolaos Panteris <npanteris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If we are talking about frames then just drop them on a 24 timeline and
> > render them out!
> > Obviously the length is going to change but it's always preferable to
> > change the sound than the image.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Nikolas Panteris
> >
> > On May 23, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Cédric Lejeune <cxl at workflowers.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Sohonet www.sohonet.co.uk sponsors the TIG.
> > > Support from Digital Vision www.digitalvision.tv
> > > Support from MediaCloud www.MediaCloud.cc
> > > =====
> > >

> > > Well, the question is which frame of the 24 do you skip?
> > > You need motionflow type of algorithm to have a smooth convert, stuff
> > like
> > > Teranex does that well in hardware if I remember well, in software you
> > have
> > > plugins and some systems like Mistika have cool native stuff.
> > >
> > > Cedric Lejeune
> > > www.workflowers.net
> > > www.cpgp.nu
> > > St André, France

> from

> > going

> > > http://reels.colorist.org
> > > http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3

*Flying Bark Productions* - www.flyingbark.com.au
62-68 Church St, Camperdown NSW 2050 Australia
T +61 2 8568 5555 (main), F +61 2 9519 1258