[Tig] Resolve vs Smoke workflow for Prores4444

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Fri Oct 18 15:14:11 BST 2013

Hi all

I'm grading a job, will render out as Prores4444 and give to a guy in Smoke.
I will do the conform in Resolve and lock it down so I can render it all
out as one long final clip.

BUT

my Smoke-guy has some problems... If he takes my Prores4444 into Smoke then
he needs to process his timeline.
If I give him a Prores422HQ then there isn't any problems, it can play it
without any processing.

We think it has something to do with the Prores4444 is 16bit RGB (?) and
Smoke can only select 10 or 12bit.
And if I go for Prores422HQ then its a 10bit file so a 10bit projects works
fine.

Any ideas anyone?

/carl

*Carl Skaff