[Tig] Resolve vs Smoke workflow for Prores4444

Alexis Hurkman hurkman at mac.com
Fri Oct 18 15:49:18 BST 2013

He'll need to use a different sequence set to a different bit-depth setting (this can't be changed for existing sequences). Smoke sees ProRes 4444 clips as "12-bit u" but sees ProRes 422 clips as "10-bit." Chances are, his project settings are set to 10-bit, so that's the default chosen for new sequences that are created.

He can create a new timeline with the proper bit depth (by choosing from the Bit-Depth popup of the New Sequence Creation dialog), and then edit the imported ProRes 4444 clip into that. If he's already imported a sequence of imported ProRes 4444 clips, they can be copied and pasted en masse from the old sequence into a new one set to the correct bit depth. I've had to deal with this myself, and it's not a problem.

-Alexis