[Tig] FCP7 problem

Rogério Moraes rogermamo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 20:29:09 BST 2014

We had a similar problem, exporting 422 prores from Davinci, but
mastering on fcp7 to dnxhd. QC at Channel did not approve for airing
because black IRE levels were down and illegal. You could not see that
by previewing the master on QuickTime, looked ok, only on other
players like vlc ( yes, you read right) the whole picture looked
crush'd, black beyond recognition. Solution was to master on Davinci
on dnxhd. What really happens with fcp7, the QuickTime thing? Is that
because although you color grade respecting legal video levels, if
your mastering codec supports full range data, some softwares will
just use the full data?

On the move