[Tig] more about: Re: The ugly side of DMARC

Ted Langdell tedlangdell at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:01:15 BST 2014

Hi, Rob,

Thanks for your efforts and investment of time. I don't think folks are aware of how much work you've put into understanding what's under the hood, and tweaking it to make for an easy user experience.

Kinda like the engineer in the post house the customer usually never sees but keeps the sessions running well for the colorist, editor and client.

I also run a MailMan based list, and have been "required" to learn more about what's under the hood... as a result of the DMARC issues and some other somewhat related things.

The ability to use MailMan is part of the webhost package I pay for annually, and run multiple sites from.

What was at one time a fairly simple "set it up and watch it run" situation is now more work.

And I don't particularly want to go shift the list to Google (and pay additional fees) or use YahooGroups, as has been suggested by one of my host's support staff as a workaround.  I think that might have its own set of problems I don't necessarily have time to triage.

Perhaps its group users have had problems because of DMARC implementation?

I note that around May 15 Yahoo just began adding the YahooGroup mail address into the "From" field, along with the original sender's address.

Back to work.  Have to earn my daily bread and coffee.  Not easy these days.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us
iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931 (Preferred)