[Tig] Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Droping Near Cut on Big Project

Jose Villavicencio josev1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 00:32:37 BST 2014

Workflow to collect files (before grading)

What you need is a way to get to know which files you’ll need to copy and why not use DaVinci Resolve for that. There are 2 different ways to load the source files you need into the Media Pool. Either you can use an EDL or you can use XML / AAF

EDL

Resolve can find just the files it needs to conform an EDL. So what you need is a CMX3600 EDL and select the root directory where all your source material is located.

Be sure your Conform settings are correct so you get the files you want.

Right Click and select “Add Folder and SubFolders Based on EDLs into Media Pool”. Select the EDL and if everything works you should see the clips you need in the Media Pool.

To be sure that you have the correct files in you Media Pool you can do a conform with the same EDL and check the timeline.

XML / AAF

Go to the Conform Screen and Right Click in the Timelines Window (upper right). Select “Import > AAF / EDL / XML …” and select your XML or AAF.

Now check the “Automatically import source clips into media pool” and press “OK”

Check the timeline to see if all the correct files where chosen.

Conform your project as usual and do your color grading. Once you are finished create a DRP-file.

José María Villavicencio / Correspondent / Teleamazonas TV
free software, Learn to sale on amazon.com step by step
http://amazingacade.me?w=amz3&p=a2252&a=yahoo

On Monday, October 13, 2014 6:18 PM, Patrick Inhofer via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:
RushTera www.RushTera.com supports the TIG.
=====

> Nikolai Waldman¹s ³Resolve Collect² is an inexpensive add-on that will let
> you sort out the used source files from the unused source files

I love Resolve Collect.

But as a reminder... new in Resolve 11.1 is a trim function for Quicktime
clips (not just RED and DPX - a Resolve 11.0 and earlier limitation).

This sounds like the perfect project to test it out (I haven't gotten to it
yet). Just be sure to do an eagle-eye'd conform at the end to make sure not
a single shot has slipped.

In the Edit Tab, select all the clips in the timeline, right-click, Trim
and hold on to your hat. First, you might want to test it on a smaller
timeline, just to see how it works... but then, that'd be like testing a
camera before the first day of shooting so... forget I mentioned it!

- patrick