[Tig] Was Help - Colourist wanted for interview, now question about tools.

Jarek Migala jmigala at wp.pl
Mon Jul 27 00:54:19 BST 2015

W dniu 15-07-25 o 01:07, Rob Lingelbach via Tig pisze:
> =====
>

>> On Jul 24, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Chris Barnett via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm a TIG stalker who hasn't posted before but followed for a while. I hope this is ok to post here - my apologies if not.
> Entirely appropriate, it’s what the TIG is all about.
>
>> I really need and would be very appreciative of well seasoned colourist to interview for my MA dissertation.
> An MA in film and television — oriented toward Post Production, or including less/more?  It’s quite interesting possibly to other TIGers, what the U. of Bristol offers.
>
>> I have some examples of what the project would look like, the interviews are examples of the type of content and the shots of me on the resolve are examples of what it may look like. Although I'm hoping for a slightly different look and feel with more in depth questions.
>>
>> http://www.darkartoflight.co.uk
> The style is impressive, the shots nicely done.  It would be great if you could interview and shoot colorists working on various platforms, let’s say Baselight and Resolve and Digital Vision.
>
> Rob
>
>> Rob Lingelbach    http://colorist.org/robhome.html
> rob at colorist.org

Hi All,
First, acknowledgements for Chris, for his web collection, and sharing.
Than, the question to Rob-why you did not mentioned Canadian or Spanish
tool for colorists?
This question is asked every half a year, and the same goes for display
tools.
It looks like, as for the painting conservation, in film, more
scientific methods and instruments are used for the same idea of
getting  "pleasing look" (by Geoff Boyle)
So the question is, is it possible to get a constant "pleasing look" (in
a very fast evolving digital era) of imaging, similar to oil or
watercolor paintings, analog film etc, in the digital imaging?
Let's try to compare for example paintings from 18th century  or b at w
film from 20th century with digital imaging from 20th or 21st century.
Can we say we do please the picture from VHS, DB, HDCam ? Will they do
same from Alexa, Red, fxx, on displays available in 50 or more years
from now, as those 18th century analog? (even having in mind, that we
can not distinguish more than 2K pixels from the 10th row in the average
screen)

Jarek

_____
Jarek Migala