[Tig] IR pollution on Alexa shot material

Aidan Farrell Aidan.Farrell at farmgroup.tv
Sat Jun 27 00:11:48 BST 2015

Hi all,
I'm sure many people have come across this problem at some stage. The purple cast was very visible on older Red cameras when more than .9 ND was used. The solution is to shoot with IR ND filters or hot mirror. As its too late for you  I had a major problem grading a tv show called Wallander a few years back with bad IR. The only solution is to try keying into the man made fibres of the purple black that it has affected and balance it out that way as organic blacks like hair etc should not be affected at camera stage.
Regards
Aidan Farrell
The farm
London