[Tig] Preventing banding artifacts

David Mackenzie lyris1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:06:33 BST 2015

Hi Rogerio
I face a similar issue with 10-bit masters going to 8-bit Blu-ray, and as
you mentioned, the solution is to add dither. However, this can be
challenging to do at BD bitrates (up to 40mbps) with adjustable software
encoding, so I imagine for real time broadcast encoding you're out of
options. Happy to be proven wrong though!