[Tig] Use of demo material

Joseph Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Wed Dec 21 23:02:41 GMT 2016

Not only that, some of my previously graded material appeared to be credited to someone else. The reality is that the material is also the sum output of a facility — the project went through a particular suite, and that was the result. Essentially the facility was buying my services. But, y’know, good luck replicating your skill set if the “bait and switch” doesn’t work.

I occasionally hear about someone refering to “their” clients, and its great that a relationship can exist between a staff member and the customers of a facility.  My apprehension, though, is that until the client signs the colourist as the payee on the cheque rather than the company name, its less than a personal transaction. One of the reasons why it is my preference to work as an independent contractor and own my own facility.

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Bruce Goodman via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:
>
> Has this happened to anyone else on the group?

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
8412 118 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6G1T3