[Tig] Blackmagic Design Scanner--Other choices... literally :)

Ted Langdell tedlangdell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:41:04 GMT 2016

There are other scanner options that don’t use “area of interest” and provide a full package of capabilities.

One example:

The compact sized MWA Nova Choice is now able to do 35mm as an option in addition to the standard 8mm/Super8, 9.5, 16mm, and optionally, 17.5 and 28mm.

Optical image size, focus and pan is used rather than area of interest.

Sensors include full 4K 4096 x 3072 or 2336 x 1752 (visible pixels)at 12-bits.

MWA’s very stable Laser-based perf detection has been joined by a real-time, during scan, software based image stabilization module that uses two user-selected points in the frame (say, the inside edges of two left 35mm perfs.)

Standard package sound capabilities include 8/Super8 mag from both main and balance stripes, 16mm mag stripe (news film and edge track full coat) and 16mm optical sound.

For 35mm, 35mm stereo white light optical is standard, and there are other options for white light mono, red light stereo (Cyan and magenta prints) and a variety of Mag pickups that could be used with full coat.  I believe the factory also has a head for four-track “Fox” format prints from the 1950s.

A variety of file type and codec capabilities are offered, including ProRes up to and including 4444.

Includes workstation w/internal RAID storage, MWA flashsuite 2 scanner control/processing software, connectivity options for moving files or scanning to a SAN.  Metadata features can integrate with DAM/MAM software.

Sensors, optics and workstations can be upgraded as new technology comes along.

New pricing :) Product made to order.  In use worldwide since 2013.

Hope this is helpful and hasn’t become a sales pitch.

Per the TIG posting requirements, I am the North American distributor for MWA products.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us Moving Image Tool and Technology Store
iPhone: 	(530) 301-2931 (Preferred)
Office:	(530) 741-1212
ted at flashscan8.us
Skype: 	TedLangdell

See us at NAB 2016, April 18-21, Lower South Hall Booth SL14813.
Free exhibit pass code LV3654 can now be used for registration.