[Tig] Discussion of scanners

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Thu Feb 4 21:55:12 GMT 2016

The DCS Xena machines give the operator control of LED (RGB+IR) Current and Duration and they are planning a scene to scene correction ability for a future software release.

I have found that being able to adjust lamp balance and color is very useful in dealing with poorly shot film and faded prints.

On the 5K True RGB Xena I can do multi flash HDR and IR.

 with our other two scanners we are able to deal with real
> problem footage (most of what we work with is amateur material) by
> altering the lamp settings

Robert Houllahan
Scans Colorist Workflow Co-Owner
35MM 16MM 8MM B&W/Color-Lab