[Tig] Film color response in 3x3 matrix

CML Ko cmlstepan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 15:09:34 GMT 2016

Hello Tig'ers

I'm a long time reader but a first time poster on this list, so go easy on
me! So here is my potentially silly question: is there a way of profiling a
specific film stock and deriving a 3x3 matrix that would represent the
filmstocks color rendition? Kind of like an emulation lut but in a form of
a 3x3 matrix that has to be applied to linearized footage?

The second question is how would I go about doing that on a budget? I
mostly do shortform color work and I very much doubt my company would be
interested in paying for any research and development and big boy
solutions, so any costs would be paid for by me.

Hope this makes sence!

All the best

Stepan