[Tig] Discussion of scanners

Andreas Widerøe andreas at filmtek.no
Fri Feb 12 21:31:41 GMT 2016

What about spectral responsitivity on these area sensors/cameras. Are there anyone better than others when it comes to analyzing the 3 layers/colours of film or do most manufacturers compensate with LED "tricks"?

I remember years back when we spent some time looking into this where we on one hand had a scanner with 3 chips (linescanner) and on the other hand a few others with areascan (machine vision cameras). One these machines we always had problems separating blue and greens while on the 3 chip scanner we could pretty much do anything we wanted.

/Andreas

---
Filmtek AS <post at filmtek.no>
http://www.filmtek.no