[Tig] Gmail spam filters and TIG

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Jan 22 15:45:02 GMT 2016

On Jan 22, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Warren.L.... via Tig wrote:

> Hi Rob and  TIG
> I'm not sure if this is related to any recent changes, but I found some
> recent tig messages had been designated as spam by Gmail.  This (as far as
> I know) has not been an issue previously and I had/have not designated any
> as spam.

Hi Warren,

There haven't been any recent changes to the TIG's mailinglist configuration, other than the addition of new subscribers, and the deletion of those whose addresses fail for a certain number of delivery attempts.

However, there are ISPs and large corporations whose anomalous handling of email doesn't follow the internet RFCs.  Unfortunately this has sometimes meant transient failures and a hurried reverse-engineering effort to accommodate the (thought to be innovative, but not agreed-upon) anomalies.

Rob
TIG founder.admin
since 1991
--