[Tig] Sony - VPL-GTZ270 Laser 4K projector

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Fri Jun 17 00:54:34 BST 2016

>>In Los Angeles, both Company 3 and Technicolor are using Dolby/Christie's
>>HDR laser projectors for grading.  These projectors have well over
>>100,000:1 contrast ratio.

>I believe a pair of those, offset by half a pixel to make quasi-8K, were used
>a while back at the industry screening of Furious 7 at the Mann Chinese
>Theater (or whatever it's called this week).
>
>Jaw dropping quality and performance. No idea what color space they are
>capable of (or anything else on the tech spec side, really), but the images
>were some of the best I've ever seen.
>
>--Bob

It seems age coupled with wear and tear are catching up with me. I have been
told by someone from Dolby that those were not the projectors in use that
night at the SMPTE Furious 7 screening. My apologies if I've mislead anyone.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT, Video Controller, and live compositor extraordinaire.

High quality images for more than four decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©