[Tig] Still photo printer on a budget

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Tue Mar 15 17:57:36 GMT 2016

This isn’t my field at all, but  IIRC the Durst Lambda isn’t at all comparable to a color laser printer — it’s a device that uses lasers to expose photographic paper, like an Arrilaser recorder for cine film.  Very very expensive.  Nothing like, say, an HP color laser printer.

I think ink prices are a big factor, so it is worth calculating the cost of use for making, say, 1000 prints, or whatever, including ink and paper and any other consumables.  There are some printers with larger ink tanks that promise economies, but they are probably more costly than Rob’s budget will allow.

Jeff Kreines