[Tig] Still photo printer on a budget

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Tue Mar 15 21:14:41 GMT 2016

>I think ink prices are a big factor, so it is worth calculating the cost of use for making, say, 1000 prints, or whatever, including ink and paper and any other consumables.  There are some printers with larger ink tanks that promise economies, but they are probably more costly than Rob’s budget will allow.

It's been a few years, but my experience with inkjet prints was, to be
charitable, abysmal.

I used a Canon printer, with expensive Canon inks and expensive Canon paper,
and every single print I've ever made turned very, very red in a few months.
Some were kept inside boxes in a closet since they were printed, and they
turned just as red as those sitting out on my desk.

Expensive AND worthless - what more could you ask for? I would never go that
route again.

If I had to print a bunch of photographs, I would use one of the MANY online
services available to do such things. Pick one with good reviews, send a few
so you can see how they do, and then just go for it.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT, Video Controller, and live compositor extraordinaire.

High quality images for more than four decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©