[Tig] Still photo printer on a budget

Andrew Webb andrew at seriousretouching.com
Tue Mar 15 21:19:25 GMT 2016

The Lambda printers are a different technology from a common color laser printer. They use RGB lasers to expose photographic paper, which is then chemically developed into a chromogenic print; common color laser printers deposit colored toner in response to a charge (just like their black-and-white brethren), and are much more limited in color gamut.

Common color laser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB0HnXcW8qQ
Durst Lambda/Lightjet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durst#Lambda_and_Theta_photographic_printers

These days, a fine inkjet print on glossy paper can rival the Lambda.

andrew webb

303.819.0480

www.niftypitchers.com | www.seriousretouching.com