[Tig] Still photo printer on a budget

Daniel Henríquez Ilic dhisur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:12:21 GMT 2016

As Jeff and Andrew mentionned, the Durst Lambda is a complete different
system to a `common laser printer` (for home or business).

Do you think the Durst Lambda laser can compete well with inkjet printers,
for faithfulness?

I have seen very good prints from inkjet printers; but do prefer Durst
Lambda output anyday, as what you get is a real photograph (chromogenic
paper is exposed, developed in RA-4 chemistry).
It returns to a real photographic workflow. Much like film-out.  And the
good thing is that aside RC paper, it is possible to expose on Fujitrans or
Duratrans (backlit film) or Fujiflex or Duraflex high glossy polyester base
material similar to Cibachrome/Ilfochrome

I have no affiliation with Durst neither with this company located in Los
Angeles, that does work with a Durst Lambda:
http://www.pccolour.com/contact_pccolour.html
http://www.pccolour.com/services_lambda.html

An alternative are the Fujifilm Frontier or similar.  They don't have the
same high quality of a Durst Lambda, but the result can be good for smaller
enlargements.  It also use RA-4 process.

Best regards,
Daniel Henriquez Ilic
Photographer
Santiago de Chile