[Tig] Still photo printer on a budget

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Tue Mar 15 22:32:39 GMT 2016

>Bob, I wonder what happened with your prints? Any odd environmental factors?

None that I can think of. As I mentioned, some were on my desk exposed to
normal light, some were on shelves never having been hit by sunlight, and some
were in boxes in a closet, having been placed there directly from the Canon
printer. Using all Canon approved and branded materials, all of them turned
very, very red in less than six months.

It left a very bitter taste about printing photos, especially after buying all
expensive brand name materials, and I haven't done it since.

My son uses some online service to get prints made of his infant son's
pictures for my mother, and those have looked perfect for at least 2 years,
which was why I suggested it.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT, Video Controller, and live compositor extraordinaire.

High quality images for more than four decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©