[Tig] Film frame stabilization software

Andreas Widerøe andreas at filmtek.no
Tue Nov 15 11:45:49 GMT 2016

Hi guys!

Very quiet in here lately. Hope everyone’s doing well!

So I have a question regarding stabilization and archive film. Typically 16mm reversal from the 60s and 70s.

I scan the films in higher resolution, typically 2K or more - and apply overscan so the whole frame is visble and sometimes I include the perfs also.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good software for making a digital stabilization? Ideally I would set a few markers around the frame to make the whole frame steady - or around the perfs.

I’ve been looking at Resolve and Premiere Pro and about to look into Fusion. Workflow and speed is important to me. Also any tutorials would be great too.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andreas Wideroe