[Tig] Film frame stabilization software

Grace McKay gracemckay at electricpictures.tv
Wed Nov 16 19:40:11 GMT 2016

here is another one for consideration.

https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-SAL--29795,l-us.html

it actually works pretty well across cuts, but sometimes gives
inaccurate results for a few frames. One big downside, depending on your
workflow. It will accept most file formats, but the highest quality
output is a quicktime file with around 2:1 compression, so if you need a
full uncompressed workflow, this won't work.

Our  workflow is to capture uncompressed from the Spirit, or our 8mm
scanner, scene detect in Resolve, and output qt scenes as individual
files. then use Mercalli to batch process the folder of scene clips.
then back into Resolve or Premiere for finishing, and output to prores.
It is a bulky workflow, but because the final output is usually prores,
it doesn't hurt the final output quality.

Grace McKay
Electric Pictures Telecine
Spirit High Definition Motion Picture Telecine Scanning
*ElectricPictures.tv*
*949-838-0001*