[Tig] Film frame stabilization software

Ted Langdell tedlangdell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:28:31 GMT 2016

You should also check out the Diamant film restoration suite.

http://www.hs-art.com/index.php/solutions/diamant-film

We had the software working in our booth with MWA film scanners at NAB this spring.

http://www.hs-art.com/files/diamant/2016-04%20Diamant-Film%20NAB2016.pdf

I am the MWA reseller for North America.

www.flashscan8.us

By way of information, the MWA line of film scanners incorporate real-time image stabilization during transfer.

The system uses on screen – positionable cursors to select what reference points are being used. One for horizontal movement. The other for vertical movement. Sprocket hole edges are normally used.

This is in addition to the effective, laser based perf detection and stabilization that MWA- pioneered and patented.

That has been augmented by a new before-the-gate sensor to detect changes in thickness that could cause a vertical movement when for example a splice or splicing tape wrapped around part of the capstan.

MWA's newest scanner — the FM One Project — has NO capstan, and incorporates a two laser approach, along with the real time, software-based image stabilization.

These technologies can do a very effective job of stabilizing the film image on that particular carrier, but as Jeff has pointed out, anything that's printed in is going to require post scanning work. And that's where Diamant comes in.

ted at flashscan8.us

Ted

Ted Langdell
tedlangdell at gmail.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.