[Tig] Lipsner Smith Excel 1100 priming

Perry Paolantonio perry at gammaraydigital.com
Tue Nov 22 19:15:01 GMT 2016

We have an Excel 1100 film cleaner - it's one of the isopropyl alcohol models, not full immersion like the ultrasonic cleaners.

There are 4 wet buffers and 4 dry buffers. Each wet buffer has a hose that goes to the solvent pumps, and a wick that contacts a metal roller, which in turn contacts the buffer. When we prime the wicks by pressing the Down arrow on the control panel, only the bottom two wicks are getting wet. The top two are bone dry. I've tried contacting RTI, but it's like talking into a black hole sometimes, only getting responses about 10% of the time.

Anyone here familiar with these, and have suggestions for where to begin troubleshooting this? Or better, do you have a service manual you can email to me directly? I've got the operator's manual, but it has no troubleshooting section in it.

Thanks!

-perry

---
Perry Paolantonio, Gamma Ray Digital, Inc.
6k Film Scanning - Blu-ray - DVD - Film Restoration
t 617 379 0381  |  www.gammaraydigital.com | Tw: @gammaraydigital | FB: www.facebook.com/gammaraydigital