[Tig] Hollywood SMPTE Meeting -- LASER PROJECTION -- Monday, February 27

Bill Hogan billhogan1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:13:17 GMT 2017

*HI ALL:*

*This coming MONDAY, February 27 the Hollywood Section of SMPTE will
present their*
*monthly meeting.*

*The SUBJECT:  Laser Projection - Got Questions?    We’ve Got Answers*

*Adoption of high dynamic range production and exhibition solutions such as
large format HDR and IMAX displays demand new projection solutions for
grading and screening.*

*Will laser projection be the answer? What are the advantages? What are the
disadvantages? Attendance is FREE but please register below.*

*REGISTER: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/laser-projection-got-questions-weve-got-answers-tickets-32053754643
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/laser-projection-got-questions-weve-got-answers-tickets-32053754643>*

*Projector manufacturers have long sought to develop products that provide
the best possible picture on a screen or surface. Lamps have drawbacks.
Theoretically, lasers are superior illumination sources to lamps and bulbs,
touting:*

   - Brighter pictures
   - Lower power consumption
   - Longer life and less-frequent changes
   - Fewer heavy metals
   - Expanded color gamut
   - More flexible systems

 Join the SMPTE Hollywood Chapter on February 27th and learn from industry
experts

*everything you’ll need to know* about laser projection and how to support
the new display requirements.

Hope to see you all on Monday for this program. Regards, Bill

*Presenters Include:       *Bill Beck, Barco, AKA “The Laser Guy”

*When: February 27, 2017 Time:   Doors open /  Reception 6:30PM*

*Meeting:  7:15PM*

*Location:*

*The (newly renovated) Egyptian Theatre*

*6712 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028*

*Our meetings are free and guests are always welcome*