[Tig] Autochromes and Impressionism

Rob Lingelbach roblingelbach at icloud.com
Thu Jan 26 17:57:40 GMT 2017

Bonjour Jean-Clement,

I for one love the impressionism of the Autochromes.  Is it perhaps of a desire to return to these less electronic evocations of color and feel that we’re now seeing a returning interest in film origination?

We’ve had a few discussions of early color processes including potato prints and Autochromes on the TIG.  Richard Kirk, Craig Leffel, JP Beauviala:

http://tig.colorist.org/pipermail/tig/2010-December/018489.html
http://tig.colorist.org/pipermail/tig/2009-August/016538.html
http://tig.colorist.org/pipermail/tig/2009-August/016528.html

--