[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Rob Lingelbach commented: "A DaVinci in software is an exciting prospect when
you think of the customization possible."
Yes, but will it WORK? :-)
It seems like a lot of my days and hours with DaVinci are spent figuring out
how to get around limitations and design problems with their color-corrector.
I don't mean to be critical, but some of the same old problems still continue:
* we still can't delete files from a floppy from within DaVinci
* you can't cut in and out of Power Windows frame-accurately (though they swear
it's supposed to and that this will be fixed)
* extreme corrections on the DVNR come up about two frames late
* our problems with late or early color-corrections still continue (generally
only with large lists of more than 500 corrections), but not nearly as bad as
* the thing is still too damned slow.
My fear is that the more they add to the basic Renaissance 8:8:8, the slower
and more unwieldly it'll become. I love the thing, and I know the boys back in
Ft. Lauderdale are trying hard to put out all the fires, but man, it's really
making my hair grey (and/or fall out). Maybe it's the radiation. --MFW