[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sony telecine
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: Sony telecine
- From: bob at bluescreen.com
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 22:42:06 GMT
- In-Reply-To: <970315234338_100745.1141_EHQ75-2 at CompuServe.COM>
- Old-Return-Path: <bob at bluescreen.com>
- References: <970315234338_100745.1141_EHQ75-2 at CompuServe.COM>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"K2GSK.A.fN.J7wMz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I consider equipment for
purchase, one of the strong factors involved is that the people from whom I
buy the stuff aren't in direct competition with me, going after the same
clients I try to service.
Sony is already taking editing and audio business away from the people for
whom many of you work (in New York and L.A.), and what's more they can
underbid your company because they manufacture the gear.
If past performance is any indicator, it will only be a matter of time
before they offer a full range of transfer services to all comers.
Just something to think about while you wander the equipment halls.
The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing
mailinglist digest available......advertising *not* on this list; post
marketing-oriented messages to 'telecine-announce at alegria.com' after
making the required support contribution..inquiries to rob at alegria.com