[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A review of Philips Spirit DataCine
- To: Craig Leffel <acleffel at mindspring.com>, Telecine Forum <Telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: A review of Philips Spirit DataCine
- From: Ken Robinson <flight4 at ibm.net>
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:31:16 -0300
- Approved: rob at sun.alegria.com
- Old-Return-Path: <rob>
- Old-X-Envelope-From: ibm.net!flight4 Mon Mar 24 07:32:39 1997 remote from sun
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Organization: Imagen Transfer
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- References: <188.8.131.52.19970323175911.3757cbdc at pop.mindspring.com>
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
- Reply-To: flight4 at ibm.net
- Resent-Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 07:35:16 -0800
- Resent-From: rob at sun.alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Resent-Message-Id: <m0w9BmG-000AK7C at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
Craig Leffel wrote:
> My only assumption
> can be that it is meant as a sales tool to engender interest at NAB.
My first assumption that it was a mistake..... I think that most people
in our business have heard of the Spirit and will be visiting the booth
as well as going to see Cintel's "larger" CRT device.
Regarding the comments you make about CCD's:
I have a filter kit for my CCD.....!
Flat and lifless, no problem, I can produce that as well a picture full
of life.... And what is more I, after 15 years of practise can do the
same on a CRT machine! Haven't tried the Spirit in anger, but it looked
real nice to me, disregarding my VFM equation.
> I still haven't heard response to how much a light replacement is (rumors
> suggest that
> the CW is to replace the housing at 15k. What a familiar amount...)
I remember asking the above question and being told that it was no where
near that much..... Philips, why don't you confirm?
Av.Cristobal Colon 4733
Santiago de Chile
Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax +56 2 228 5871
186,000 miles per second. Not just a good idea..... It's the LAW!
mailinglist digest available......advertising *not* on this list; post
marketing-oriented messages to 'telecine-announce at alegria.com' after
making the required support contribution..inquiries to rob at alegria.com