[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Ursa 4.2.2 > 4.4.4 update -Reply
- To: phil at das-werk.de, telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Ursa 4.2.2 > 4.4.4 update -Reply
- From: Mike Chiado <MCHIADO at postique.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:30:49 -0400
- Old-Return-Path: <MCHIADO at postique.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"hAS_w.A.elF.GNOVz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
>>> philip budden <phil at das-werk.de> - 4/16/97 1:31 PM >>>
>Has anyone experience with an Ursa 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 update?
We upgraded our Ursa 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 a couple years ago. The
installation went fine and resulted in a noticeable improvement in
>How is the performance compared to an Ursa Gold?
Cintel tell us the performance is the same as a Gold--especially when
all the other little mods the field engineers know about are put on.
>What snags have you had?
>Did you have to add any further mods?
The Meta-speed servo system did have to be altered, which we had
installed after the 4.4.4 upgrade. Ours was the first 4.4.4 machine
for Brad and Cintel changed a number of things that had to be
accounted for. So, yes, the servo for a 4.2.2. machine did not work
without changes on a 4.4.4 machine.
Our daVinci 8.8.8 required no additional changes that I can recall.
thanks to Bob Festa, Glenn Eason, Omar Godinez, David Bernstein, and Gerry
Brodersen for supporting the Telecine Internet Group in 1997
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage