[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "INTERNET:telecine at sun.alegria.com" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: DVD test
- From: Mikael Reichel <100745.1141 at CompuServe.COM>
- Date: 25 Apr 97 17:41:56 EDT
- Old-Return-Path: <100745.1141 at CompuServe.COM>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"2rtJ0D.A.CFF.YVSYz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Spent a day post NAB in LA and checked out DVD at FRY's. Machines list from 499
to 799 and are all sold out. Titles on sale where going at 19 dollars.
Quality, and I pride myself to be able to spot film and coding artifacts quite
well, was excellent. Ok it was film so not a hard test but still far beyond what
the consumer ever would find objectionable.
Not at all the shamless junk quality some of the service providers/operators
displayed at NAB, stuff like that gives the technology bad reputation.
Add the audio to DVD and in my mind you have a winner.
I await Brad to invite me to his viewing theatre...
Mike Reichel -no longer independent but still opinionated.
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage