[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: 3 Perf ...again
- To: 'Jon Walley' <jonw at tvp.co.uk>, 'Telecine Internet Group' <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: 3 Perf ...again
- From: "Michael D. Most" <mmost at encorevideo.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 09:15:47 -0700
- Old-Return-Path: <mmost at encorevideo.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"NVU8eD.A.o2.q0Hgz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Could sombody put me right as to what aspect ratio 3 perf gives you ?
I assume you gents in the US crop the image to 4:3 for Television but my
calculator tells me 3 perf should be 16:9 for the whole image.
Thanks and keep up the amusing and informative interchange.
Film doesn't "give" you an aspect ratio, you compose to whatever aspect ratio you intend. "Full Frame" 3 perf is approximately 1.77:1 (16:9). In the U.S., a centered extraction of 1.33 is usually used for transfer.
Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.
thanks to Frank Sparano and Don Ver Ploeg for support of the
Telecine Internet Group in 1997
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage