[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Telecine <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: An apology
- From: Dick Hobbs <Dick_Hobbs at compuserve.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 03:44:22 -0400
- Old-Return-Path: <Dick_Hobbs at compuserve.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"gejyP.A.5MH.tPTjz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
A fellow subsciber has privately taken me to task for what, on reflection,
was a lapse in good taste on my part in a recent posting. It is not always
easy to remember that, what leaves the brain as a mildly amusing throwaway
line can look very different on the page. In this case, it could be
construed that the comment had a rather deeper political significance,
particularly as the relationship between England and Ireland is seen rather
differently in America than it is here.
So, to all who were concerned that I have an unpleasant streak of bigotry
running underneath my normally jovial exterior, please accept this apology.
It is a timely reminder that I should always re-read a posting before
hitting the send button.
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage