[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ACMED code
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: ACMED code
- From: Veenotph at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 23:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <Veenotph at aol.com>
- Resent-Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 20:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"GY_5sD.A.lWD.6BHvz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
In a message dated 07/04/1997 01:47:40, you wrote:
<< So other that being a nice way to organize the dailies
for the editor, what so great about it?
I think, and I'm not sure about this, but I think it was a way to be able to
cut your picture, and then find the proper sound sync. Just match the Acmade
Codes, picture and sound.
Way back in college, I remember having my 16mm wkprint and mag track, edge
coded. Now, I can find any sound for the shot, and once I've cut off the
Slate clapstick, I can still make it go into sync. What other purposes It
had, I don't know.
If one Generation stops practicing a craft, it WILL become lost
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage