[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
HD time line developing?
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: HD time line developing?
- From: JimErkson at aol.com
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:09:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <JimErkson at aol.com>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 19:10:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"ranxM.A.iKH._Lvwz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
We are preparing for the start of television season, and have been directed
by our client to create 16/9 online masters from their Sup. 16 elements this
season. The entire show will be edited 16/9, and then converted to 4/3 to
create the broadcast tape.
In talking to post production chiefs at the network, their plan is to begin
posting this way so that these NTSC 16/9 shows can later be upconverted to HD
as the format begins to take hold.
They suggested that no pure HD shows would be produced for at least 5 years.
Has anyone else out there received similar information?
Jim Erickson, Colorist, Colorlab
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage