[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Locking Audio in 525
- To: Moli Eng <molieng at compuserve.com>,Telecine Internet Group <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Locking Audio in 525
- From: david feingold <dfeingold at henninger.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 13:40:45 -0500
- Old-Return-Path: <dfeingold at henninger.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"3P8pU.A.f4B.taTzz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
> From: Moli Eng <molieng at compuserve.com>
> To: Telecine Internet Group <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
> Subject: Locking Audio in 525
> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 06:29:09 -0400
> At the risk of sounding a little ignorant.
> Is there anybody out there who can fill us in on how audio is generally
> sync'd when working in 525.
> Being based in London most of our work is 625 with only the odd 525 job so
> this is somewhat a new problem to us.
> The problem we are finding is with matrial shot at 24 FPS with audio and
> timecode on DAT, DA-88 etc.
> When our URSA or MKIII are run in 525 mode they don't run at exactly 24
> but 23.976 instead.
> This of course means that the video is now slow with respect to the audio.
> What are the different ways of now locking the Audio to the Video.
> Sean Crosswell
> Molinare, London
> mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage
> the Telecine Internet Group <http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html>
The most common way I have found is that the Audio is recorded at 30 fps and
a pull-down to 29.97ndf is performed to compensate for the 24fps film being
transfered at 23.976fps. I have never used DA-88 for sound, but have had
extensive experience with DAT and Nagra sound in this situation. Let me
know if I can give you more details or help.
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage
the Telecine Internet Group <http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html>