[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: JOINT AES/SMPTE MEETING--TECHNICOLOR
- To: "TiG" <telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: JOINT AES/SMPTE MEETING--TECHNICOLOR
- From: jpb <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 97 16:56:15 +0200
- Old-Return-Path: <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"JcScnC.A.Y8.dSg3z" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Bill Hogan bhogan at sprocketdig.com 28/07/97 10:51 wrote:
> To All in the LA area or those with a large travel budget ..del..
> But the real reason for this posting is .. more del..
> the "newly invented" REAL Technicolor Dye Transfer Imbibition
> (IB) process.
I'm sorry I don't have the very large travel budget required
to come and hear the new sound standard and see the technicolor
Only the Chinese were foolish enough to continue to run the old
technicolor process said to rely upon dyes and chemicals
which were no longer accepted in environment and health conscious
contries because of their highly toxic manufacturing process.
If this process is back in the US, I can only suppose that the
ecological questions are now under control. Can you take advantage
of this Academy presentation to ask some questions about that and
then tell us more on this aspect, since nobody I know will accept
to look at blacker shades of black at the cost of poisoning
the planet even more.
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage
the Telecine Internet Group <http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html>