[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Your industry choice
- To: "Martin Banks" <martin_banks at qm1.mvbms.com>, multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Your industry choice
- From: rob at sun.alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:21:59 -0700
- In-Reply-To: "Martin Banks" <martin_banks at qm1.mvbms.com> "Your industry choice" (Aug 1, 16:21)
- Old-Return-Path: <rob>
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"6uPrXC.A.h0B.OGm4z" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
On Aug 1, 16:21, "Martin Banks" wrote:
} Subject: Your industry choice
> Anyway, I was wondering if any of you would like to regale about how
> you got started in the business?
Ah Martin, ye've started here a certain avalanche... we are nothing if
not expert in regalia...
I wended my way into telecine via a circuitous route of internship:
janitor, studio manager, accountant, dubbing, edit assist, editor,
telecine assist, telecine colorist. Previous profession:
musician/taxi driver (NYC).
My advice: there is nothing better than learning from a master.
Apprentice yourself to the best colorist you can, absorb the
technique, and then apply your own personality. I had the advantage,
when I came to Los Angeles in 1983, of working as Bob Festa's
assistant for six months before I replaced him as the colorist at
We're having the annual Action Video reunion this very evening in
Hollywood, thereby making this regalia appropriate ;-).
Rob Lingelbach | 2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
rob at alegria.com | "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob at info.com | cat are not the better for it." --Abraham Lincoln
rob at cloister.org KB6CUN http://www.alegria.com
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage
the Telecine Internet Group <http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html>