[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: that old 24/25 feeling
- To: 'telecine interest group' <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: that old 24/25 feeling
- From: "Case, Dominic" <dominic_case at atlab.com.au>
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:28:33 +1000
- Old-Return-Path: <dominic_case at atlab.com.au>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 17:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"RPLrCB.A.PND.CEgD0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
> >> Michael, it's good to hear a depth of understanding of the negative
>cutting issues on this list - and from a video voice too!. <<
>From Michael Most . . .
>Video voice???!!??!!?? Bite your tongue!!!!! I spent 5 and 1/2 years in
>post production at Lorimar and many days at nights at MGM Lab. I only wish
>others in the video business could do the same, but film knowledge seems to
>be at a premium these days - and, unfortunately, particularly among assistant
dworf thlab bleutth aarrrrgh . . - tongue duly bitten.
>From David Tosh. . .
Now there is a job description that has changed greatly in the last
or four years.
Not 'arf!. . . are you kidding? . . .too right mate. . . (agreement
But there are probably three sorts of assistant editor around now.
The ones who do understand film, and can think of NL systems in those
terms (worth their weight in gold to the neg cutter).
The slightly newer ones who know Avids inside out, can manage disk
storage, and not panic when there's a crash . . but film ??? well, we
send the list and someone just sort of . . gives us the cut neg, don't
they? - anyway, there's a new list on its way so can you ignore what
you've cut so far.
And the ones who thought they were going to learn the art and craft of
Thanks to Video Tape Associates for supporting the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 845 on Wed Sep 3 17:29:54 PDT 1997
archives and much more at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe