[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re: CCD vs. Flying Spot
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: Re: CCD vs. Flying Spot
- From: JSnopes at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <JSnopes at aol.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"mRpNO.A.hs.ZV3F0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
Michael Kay wrote:
>The Cell box? Perhaps a little quieter, but probably nothing
>close to the S/N capability of a CCD scanner with its Solar light
The real problem with that solar light source is keeping the mirror aimed
at the sun... especially in smoggy LA.
Also, your exposure may vary. A lot. But that spinning ND wheel will
even it out...
I hear the daVinci people are working on a mod that lets you aim that
solar mirror with a trackball. You can also send messages in Morse code
with the mirror.
Apparently Sony is hoping to use this solar light source technology in
their new telecine (they claim to already hold many patents on use of the
sun, which they claim to have either invented or improved upon).
The future looks so bright, you gotta wear, well, sunglasses.
(no insult intended to Sony, Sun Ra, or any other solar diety, like Aton)
Thanks to Stewart Odell for support of the TIG
TIG subscriber count is 850 on Wed Sep 10 21:36:41 PDT 1997
archives and much more at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe