[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RE: HDTV WHY???
- To: telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: RE: HDTV WHY???
- From: JSnopes at aol.com
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <JSnopes at aol.com>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"L9RrzB.A.7FB.tMCM0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
>> Secondly who is going to pay $7000 for a new TV not to mention VCR
>>for a system that the public isn't crying out for, let's face it 16:9
>>sets aren't exactly shifting as it is.
>Have to agree with you there, but what about set-top convertors (not
>unlike what is already sued for DSS, etc., which could sell for a few
>hundred and be a stopgap for the general population until CRT or other
>display devices (hold out for flat panel or DMD!) come down in price.
Yes, but what consumer in their right mind would want to pay $200-500 for
a box that lets them, well, receive TV signals in glorious NTSC? I mean,
they can already do that! The box would somehow improve their lives??
And what will happen to the cable industry -- as I understand it DTV/HDTV
won't pass through most cable headends... and the cable boom is over --
at least to the extent that the industry hates to invest more money in
That's my guess, anyway.
PS: Forgive me for erroneously sending personal EMail to the entire
group. I'm renting an Avid and used the EMail software on the machine...
didn't check the addressees. Sorry to everyone.
TIG subscriber count is 855 on Mon Sep 29 14:52:46 PDT 1997
archives and much more at http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
mailinglist digest available.... unsubscribe via a message to
'telecine-request at alegria.com' with Subject: unsubscribe