[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: suggestions on 601 D-A converters?
- To: telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: suggestions on 601 D-A converters?
- From: Phil Mendelson <philm at hollydig.com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 08:30:51 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <34ACE98C.E06AC698 at rolandhouse.com>
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 00:54:35 -0800
- Resent-Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 08:35:35 -0800
- Resent-From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"uhZljC.A.hlG.jcRr0" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: mhon at praia.alegria.com, hyper at praia.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
At 08:20 AM 1/2/98 -0500, Vince Forcier wrote:
> I could also
>use some suggestion about monitoring quality 601-NTSC/PAL encoders. I am
>currently using the Miranda. What else is out there? Thanks. Vince.
The Aja stuff rocks!
Inexpensive, and real decent (monitor) quality.
Most importantly, NO CLIPS......and the encoders have selectable
We just got a Miranda SDM-110C, which is a combo DAC/encoder, which is
rumoured to have no clips......haven't tested it yet.
As for the Miranda SDM-200......yechhh........white and black clip, lots of
burst jitter.it was great for it's time, when that was all that was out
there for the price.
Phil Mendelson philm at hollydig.com
philm at deltanet.com
"Animals are our friends...............
but they won't take us to the airport."
thanks to Kris Kolodziejski and Destiny-601 of Copenhagen
for support of the TIG in 1998
TIG subscriber count is 911 on Fri Jan 2 08:34:38 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/