[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
My recent TIG postings
- To: TIG <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: My recent TIG postings
- From: Stuart Monksfield <STUARTM at saus.au.sony.com.sg>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:17:59 +1000
- Resent-Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:19:54 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"bQVSD.A.4vG.A4k40" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Dear John (Snopes) and Chris (Bacon),
Thanks for your replies and I very much like John's idea about tracking
in the telecine.
As one of you stated, there are a lot of people out there who have not
seen the Sony Telecine at one of its two public showings to date. I have
not seen it at the shows either nor have I ever been to SPE in Culver
City, but I have seen it in factory several times over the past few
months and I have learnt a lot about it and other telecines from our
design team in Japan and from reading the TIG reports.
Although my knowledge of the Sony Multi Resolution Telecine is
reasonably good, I am afraid that for commercial reasons (as well as my
own job security) I am not authorised to publicise this on such an open
forum as TIG - yet !
Please bear with us, there will be a machine to see at this years NAB,
and I hope we can answer more of your questions then or soon after.
From what I have learnt already, I personally believe our machine
will/should be taken very seriously. In the mean time, I think I should
take a more passive, listening role on TIG, and only chip in when I read
something that I know for a fact is incorrect.
Thanks to Craig Nichols of Todd-AO for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 933 on Wed Feb 11 17:18:51 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/