[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: My recent TIG postings
- To: STUARTM at saus.au.sony.com.sg
- Subject: Re: My recent TIG postings
- From: KA2IQB at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:53:29 EST
- Cc: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 07:55:11 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"PKFiq.A.tpG.usx40" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Just wanted to apologise in case you were "called on the carpet" for
mentioning anything about the Sony telecine on the TIG. You can appreciate
our position: purchasing anything as big and expensive as a telecine is a
major issue for most post production facilities; we (professionally) have to
live with the consequences of these decisions--for better or worse--for a long
time. So naturally we're nosey to find out all we can about everything that's
in the field!
On the other hand, I realize there is such a thing as competition going on.
Sony is certainly no different than the majority of manufacturers who keep
their developmental projects confidential. So if you say no more about the
subject until the official unveiling, fair enough, but I hope that won't stop
you from chiming in about everything else!
Thanks to Craig Nichols of Todd-AO for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
TIG subscriber count is 937 on Thu Feb 12 07:54:17 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/