[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Synch questions using a 7030.
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Synch questions using a 7030.
- From: Alexandre Saggese Pinto <saggese at centroin.com.br>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:39:37 -0800
- Old-Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:39:49 -0300
- Old-X-Envelope-To: telecine
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:42:44 -0800
- Resent-From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Resent-Message-Id: <E0y7sLV-0000EE-00 at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
I have a few questions concerning sound synch after material has been
telecined. The sound has been recorded on DAT at 30fps. I need to pulldown
the audio for synch after my film (shot at 24fps) has been telecined to
NTSC at 29.97NDF. TI need to pulldown the audio for synch. I'm using sonic
solutions. Should the pulldown be done at the DAT player (a 7030) or in my
computer? I know that the 7030 can be slowed down at -0.1% and I know that
it can also use the TC reference as 29.97NDF. If doing the puldown on my
DAT, which one should I use? Or should I forget about the pulldown on my
DAT and just do it on sonic by recording at a higher sample rate and then
just playing at normal speed?
Thanks a lot, any replys, feedbacks or addresses of documents will be very
Thanks to Ross Video for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
926 subscribers in 36 countries on Wed Feb 25 17:42:47 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/